Well, Adilyn clearly doesn’t want to come out and at this point none of the ‘natural’ ways to start labour have worked. As of last week I still wasn’t dilated. Surprise, surprise, I’m still not dilated. Nothing at all, no difference from last week.
I’m sore, I’m tired, and okay I might be a little bit grumpy. Christmas shopping is officially done, I’ve done all my maternity leave paperwork, and we had to go out and buy more puzzles because I just don’t know what to do any more. I also repacked the hospital bag because I have nothing else going on. Kyle and I have gone out twice to drive around and look at Christmas lights which was nice but I’m still so restless!
My blood pressure went back up again so my dr sent me to the hospital with my induction papers and a form to get a bunch of tests done so we can try to figure out what’s going on. She called labour and delivery so they knew I was coming. They took urine, blood, my blood pressure, and hooked me up for the NST to monitor the baby.
My blood pressure went back down and they debated keeping me to do the induction but they were insanely busy. I spoke to them again this morning and they had five other women in active labour so they couldn’t confirm my induction until they see how it goes there because they can’t safely monitor me. I should find out later today if we will be heading in tonight or if we will be bumped yet again.
I REALLY hope they take us today because it sounds like it’s going to be a long process since I’m not dilated. I really don’t want this to end in an emergency c-section if I just won’t dilated or if I start and then don’t continue but I know it’s all just waiting at this point. We have to take it step by step because who knows what will happen.
Now the waiting game isn’t just waiting for baby because I don’t think she’ll come on her own but now waiting for the phone call instead.