Hello pumpkin spice season! Ok, I’m a bit late to this game but I still love it nonetheless. Last week I bought canned pumpkin purée to try making a DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte, it didn’t work out so I had lots of pumpkin left over. I had so many recipes I wanted to try but decided to give this one a shot first.
Honestly I was surprised at how easy this recipe was and how it didn’t have too many ingredients. To make these Pumpkin Spice Cookies you will need:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1. Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and pumpkin and mix well.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and fold into cookie batter.
4. Mix well until blended.
5. Drop a spoonful of the cookie batter onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the the spoon.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
7. While the cookies are baking, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixer until well blended.
8. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time and continue to mix until sugar is incorporated.
9. Allow cookies to cool before adding icing.