In honour of International Women’s Day, I decided to post about something we do best, in the kitchen of course! Just joking, but in all honestly, ever since becoming a mother I’ve taken (or tried to) take on the role of “housewife.”
A year ago I was the girl that couldn’t boil a pot of water, and did not care about the cleanliness of anything. Now, we are a family that tries new recipes every week, and amongst the mess still left from our move, I enjoy cleaning and having a tidy home.
The only problem is I ALWAYS forget to take pictures of these said recipes. There have been so many too! This recipe however, I remembered to take one at the end at least.
The only reason I decided to try this recipe was because my sister is home for spring break and was on a “no-carb” diet so we were looking for meals we could all eat.
To my surprise, this supper was one of the easiest ones I’ve made in a while! It took so little prep that when it was ready to go in the oven, I tripled checked the recipe to make sure.
In all honesty I used this recipe as a guideline, as in I left some things out and added some of my own. But here is what the recipe called for:
• 2 large carrots ~2 cups
• 2 red potatoes ~2 cups
• 1 small-medium zucchini ~2 and 1/3 cups
• 2 red peppers ~2 cups
• 1 head broccoli ~1 and 1/2 cups
• 16 ounces Smoked Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage
• 1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon EACH: onion powder, dried thyme
• 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
• 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
• 4 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
Put everything on a pan, with the oven set to 400 degrees F. The recipe says to mix the oil and spices in a bowl and then pour but I just sprinkled everything on top. Cook for 15 minutes and voila! You can add it to some rice for a little extra as well and it tastes so yummy! I am thoroughly impressed with this turnout and it is going on my “to make again” list.